Looking to join our team? STORY is seeking applicants who are passionate about our mission and eager to make an impact.
Youth Program Leader (Internship)
Position Description: A signature program of STORY is ML2, a Math, Literacy and Leadership youth development program. The ML2 program provides high-quality afterschool, weekend, and summer activities for HRHA youth residents in grades K-8.
STORY is recruiting for a dynamic Youth Program Leader for the ML2 program. This person will be responsible for supervising children, coordinating online tutoring programs, supervision of Youth Program Assistants, and administrative duties such as attendance record keeping.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience serving members of public housing / low-income backgrounds;
- Ability to work with K-6 students who have a range of behavioral challenges;
- Creative, thoughtful, patient, empathetic, and culturally competent professional;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills;
- Ability to work appropriately with limited supervision; and,
- Some college education preferred.
Work Hours: 2:30-5:30pm, Monday–Thursday
Location: Thomas Rolfe Community Center, Hopewell, VA
Wage: $10.00-12.00 per hour
Reports to: STORY Executive Director
Please send a resume and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Program Coordinator (Internship)
Position Description: The Marketing Program Coordinator has operational responsibility for STORY’s special events, communications and some development. The Marketing and Development Coordinator will initially develop deep knowledge of core programs, create a signature annual event, and assist with marketing and communications responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an annual special fundraising event for STORY.
- Secure sponsorships and donations for events.
- Manage community partner events as needed.
- Market event via social media and other communications avenues.
Marketing & Communications
- Assist with implementing the STORY communications plan and refine all aspects of internal and external communications with the goal of creating a strong STORY brand.
- Assist with web updates for the STORY website.
- Create and distribute quarterly newsletter.
- Manage social media communications strategy.
- Develop relationships with local media, write and distribute press releases, story pitches, and articles as necessary.
Fundraising & Development
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing and reporting as needed.
- Maintain donor database and mail thank you letters.
- Assist with creating individual donor campaign.
- Performs grant research as needed for new and existing programs.
- Make presentations to civic clubs and other organizations.